Besant National High School (along with Besant Higher Primary School) was the maiden institution of the Besant group of educational institutions, complerting its centenary in 2018.
The two institutions started off as a single entity called ‘Besant Girls School’ in the year 1918 under the sponsorship National Education Society, whose Vice Chancellor was Dr. Annie Besant and Chancellor Dr. Rabindranath Tagore.
In the year 1927, Theosophical Society of India took over the management of the school as the school faced financial difficulties. In 1928 the school received Government recognition and was converted into an elementary school. In 1929, it was upgraded into a higher elementary school and 1938 it was renamed as Besant National Girls School. In 1956, pursuant to the prevailing government policy, the high school section and primary school section were bifurcated into Besant National Girls School and Besant Higher Primary School.
Besant National High School provides education in Kannada medium from 8th standard to matriculation and functions under the jurisdiction of Board of Secondary Education, Government of Karnataka.
The school functions from our Kodialbail North campus.
As matriculation is an important phase in the student’s life, special attention is given to the students to enable them to continue higher studies later on.